New

Soviet Order of the Red Banner of Labor #498234 with booklet and leather-velvet presentation box

2,650.00

 

  • Active in selling since 1999
  • Delivered over 3000 auctions
  • 100% positive feedback rating on eBay
  • Lifetime guarantee of authenticity
  • Free insured and registered shipping for orders over €500!
  • Contact service through WhatsApp, telephone or email. We will reply within 12 hours!

Description

 

 

 


Order of the Red Banner of Labor #484147

 

With award booklet to the Baltmorgidrostroy Trust – Baltic Marine Hydraulic Construction

 

By decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR

On January 7, 1971, the Trust “Baltmorgidrostroy” of the Ministry of Transport Construction of the USSR was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

Order number: 498234

Secretary of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR (signature) Date: January 7, 1971

No. 016430

 

Made of silver and enamels. Measures 37.02 mm in width, 47.58 mm in height and weighs 36.0 grams without its suspension.

The order is in excellent condition, with all gold plating intact and a medium dark patina on the silver on both sides. Its details remain perfectly visible and crisp, with no repairs or alterations. The red, blue, and white enamels are flawless, and the order retains its original double-layer steel suspension and old ribbon, with the connection ring uncut.

The order comes in a luxurious leather presentation box, typical for factory awards but rare for awards in general. The exterior is leather, while the interior is lined with blue velvet. Beneath the velvet lining, there is a specially made container that houses the award booklet.

The accompanying booklet is equally impressive, featuring a leather cover and specially printed for this factory. It is in outstanding condition.

 

About the Baltmorgidrostroy Trust: 

The Baltmorgidrostroy Trust was established in 1952 with departments in Leningrad, Tallinn, Riga (head office), and Liepaja to restore ports and ship repair enterprises post-war. It later focused on constructing hydraulic facilities and commercial and fishing ports. The trust included a reinforced concrete plant and had seven construction divisions across Kaliningrad, Klaipeda, Liepaja, Ventspils, Riga, Tallinn, and Leningrad.

From 1952 to 1993, Baltmorgidrostroy built over 900 hydraulic engineering facilities, including commercial and fishing ports, ship repair enterprises, ferry complexes, oil depots, offshore drilling platforms, and the Olympic Sailing Centre in Tallinn. By the 1980s, it employed around 3,000 engineers and skilled workers.

In 1993, it transformed into the joint-stock company “BMGS,” with construction divisions in the Kaliningrad region, Lithuania, and Estonia becoming independent companies. BMGS opened a branch in St. Petersburg in 2000 and worked on significant projects such as the Malaya Okhta residential area, Ladoga railway station, Zanevsky Cascade, and several berths at the St. Petersburg Sea Fishing Port.

Notably, in Kaliningrad, a company named Baltmorgidrostroy LLC (Baltic Marine Hydraulic Engineering) operates.

 

More information on the Baltmorgidrostroy Trust can be found here 

 

 

Please contact us with questions

 

Select your currency